Free bus transportation services are provided by your child’s School District of Residence based on the address you have on file with our school that matches your Proof of Residency documentation (provided each year during re-enrollment). Per district policy, eligibility for transportation services may be limited to a specific radius surrounding the location of the school.
CMSD Transportation Information
If your child resides within the Cleveland Municipal School District (CMSD), transportation eligibility is based on the distance from your child’s home residence to the school.
- K-6 Grade students must live 1-5 miles from campus to receive yellow bus service
- 7-12 Grade students with sibling riders in Grades K-6 can apply for transportation and their application is reviewed by CMSD on a case-by-case basis in the order the request for transportation is received. The main factor that determines eligibility is bus capacity. Until students receive their yellow bus stop information, the student will receive a RTA Identification Swipe Card. Once the student is routed to a yellow bus, the RTA Card will become inactive.
- 7-12 Grade students without younger sibling riders OR who are not granted yellow bus service must live 1+ miles from campus to receive RTA Identification Swipe Cards
- K-12 Grade students who live less than 1 mile from campus are considered as residing within the walk zone and are not eligible to receive CMSD transportation services
- K-12 Grade students with a home residence calculated by CMSD as 30+ minutes from campus are ineligible for yellow bus service and payment options (such as RTA)
How to Apply for CMSD Yellow Bus & Transportation Payment Services:
- Register or re-enroll your student with the school office. At time of registration, complete a Request for Transportation form (RFT). The address on the form must match the address on file with the school and be verified by a Proof of Residence document (POR).
- The school office will submit your request to CMSD for processing. For yellow bus service, CMSD Transportation Department will verify residence before routing the student, and the student will receive a letter to the home address indicating the service start date. For RTA Payment Service, CMSD will verify residence and then print the RTA Identification Swipe Card. The card will be delivered to the campus and the school office will distribute to the